TORMAX installed Europe’s first automatic door in 1951. Today a leading manufacturer of automatic door systems worldwide with 20 subsidiaries and 500+ distributors.
Since its founding in Switzerland by the LANDERT Group, TORMAX has set the global standard for entrance automation. TORMAX Canada Inc. (TCA) headquartered with manufacturing in Langley, British Columbia, is the supplier for Canada with branch operations in Manitoba, Ontario and Quebec. We provide high quality, quick response, technically supported solutions for Swing Doors, Sliding Doors, Hermetically Sealed (ICU) Doors, Folding Doors, Doors for Extreme Conditions, Escape route & Fire Doors, Semi-Circular Doors, Revolving Doors, Sensor Systems, Manual Controls and Door Management Systems.
TORMAX Canada Inc. is currently seeking a passionate product design professional to join our Head Office operations team as
Product Engineer (Vancouver)
Answering to the General Manager, TORMAX Canada, the Product Engineer (Vancouver) will be responsible for new product research, design adaption, supply chain development and assisting with manufacturing workflows and processes. We are looking for an experienced, entrepreneurial-minded, results driven, electro-mechanical or building products engineering professional.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Collaborate with the sales team and customers to identify potential new products or options and drive the continual improvement and innovation of existing products.
- Research and adapt products and designs available in other TORMAX group companies to Canadian and North American market or customer demands.
- Produce and implement product manuals including all technical documents, engineering drawings, QC programs, standards, etc.
- Produce or refine bills of materials as needed for procurement, planning and the production teams.
- Working with the Team Leader Workshop, drive manufacturing line setups as well as process and supply chain improvement initiatives
- Lead product testing programs and confirm product compliance with all regulatory requirements for TCA products; Building codes, ANSI and CSA, etc.
- Provide “shop drawings” capabilities for architectural and customer approval processes.
- Perform other duties within the scope of the role as may be assigned from time to time by management.
- In time, become the TCA national product and technology “Expert”
- Recommend and plan implementation of CAPEX investments for plant efficiency and manufacturing growth.
Education and Experience
- A diploma in Mechanical Technology is required. A bachelor’s degree of Mechanical or Process Engineering would be considered a strong asset.
- 2-6 years prior work experience in a manufacturing or design engineering environment
- Highly proficient in SolidWorks and/or CAD engineering software
- Excellent communication skills in English (both verbal and written)
- The ability to converse in Canadian French would also be considered a strong asset.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a positive attitude
- Professional persistence, ambition, drive, and self-determination are expected to profitably grow the TCA manufacturing capacities
- Knowledge of construction site best practises and B2B customer needs
- Knowledge in entrance automation and other barrier free product lines
- Strong computer skills in MS Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) with a user’s knowledge of ERP systems such as Navision
- Excellent time management skills and flexibility are required. This position is expected to be very independent and capable of determining their own best use of time.
- Candidates must reside within Greater Vancouver, BC.
- Exceptional professional demeanor and communication skills with a strong attention to detail
- Valid BC drivers licence required with the ability to prove a clean driving record
- Strong strategic thinking and analytical skills
- Reliable, confidential and conscientious
- Positive attitude, with an ability to foster an atmosphere of trust and open communication
- Competitive compensation package commensurate with the candidate’s skills and experiences is available
- Opportunity for career advancement with an International, privately held leader in entrance technologies
- Cell phone, laptop computer, other tools and devices as required
- Medical and dental benefits, with RRSP matching program
- Travel expenses when warranted
- Product and industry training programs will be provided.
Do you want to make a difference with us? We look forward to receiving your complete resume and cover letter by e-mail. Applications from employment agencies will not be considered.
TORMAX Canada Inc.
5444 275 Street
Langley BC V4W 3X7