TORMAX installed Europe’s first automatic door in 1951. Today a leading manufacturer of automatic door systems worldwide with 20 subsidiaries and 500+ distributors.
Since its founding in Switzerland by the LANDERT Group, TORMAX has set the global standard for entrance automation. TORMAX Canada Inc. (TCA) headquartered with manufacturing in Langley, British Columbia, is the supplier for Canada with branch operations in Manitoba, Ontario and Quebec. We provide high quality, quick response, technically supported solutions for Swing Doors, Sliding Doors, Hermetically Sealed (ICU) Doors, Folding Doors, Doors for Extreme Conditions, Escape route & Fire Doors, Semi-Circular Doors, Revolving Doors, Sensor Systems, Manual Controls and Door Management Systems.
TORMAX Canada Inc. is currently seeking a passionate and hands-on production leader to join our Head Office operations team as
Team Leader Workshop (Vancouver)
Answering to the General Manager, TORMAX Canada, the Team Leader Workshop (Vancouver) will be responsible for leading a production team that can manufacture and deliver TCA products to the highest standards, while meeting cost and labour efficiency objectives. You liaise with Customer Service, the Product Engineer and other TORMAX Team Leaders, to ensure that jobs are delivered per client specifications and timelines. We are looking for a hands-on, quality oriented, results driven, production Team Leader.
Major Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Supervise production operations to ensure compliance with prescribed methods, quality standards, safety regulations, production standards and efficient operations of equipment.
- With guidance from Customer Service, plans and prepares manufacturing schedules for production operations, establishing priorities and sequences for manufacturing products.
- Ensure that the company safety policies are implemented and enforced throughout the workshop and distribution areas.
- Co-ordinate and oversee the training, safety and certification of all production staff.
- Analyze and recommend process flow and equipment improvements, to allow for capacity increases.
- Contribute to improving shop floor inventory-control methods.
- Determine and recommend adjustments for optimum production staffing in relation to product demands and delivery schedule requirements.
- Oversee special quotes or non-standard product approval processes.
- Develop or update all shop operations procedure manuals and technical resource materials.
- Evaluate production employee performance and coach/motivate in order to achieve maximum productivity output.
- Lead production personnel with work allocation, completion of orders, and problem resolution.
- Build and coach an industry leading “Lean Manufacturing” production team, capable of adapting to future expansion plans.
- Oversee and facilitate the shop floor education and processes for new product or design revision introductions.
- Maintain a proactive machinery and equipment preventative maintenance program.
- Provide weekly, monthly production output, labour efficiency, and quality reports.
Education and Experience
- Completed courses or a Diploma in Operations Management or related field is preferred. However, any Post- Secondary training combined with relevant hands-on production experience would be considered.
- Three (3) + years successful production or operations leadership experience in commercial door fabrication or other building products would be considered a strong asset. HVAC, Electrical, Security systems industry experience would also be considered.
- Commitment to quality, pride in workmanship, ambition, drive, and self-determination are preferred characteristics.
- A good sense of urgency and ability to pick up the tools to assist fulfillment of production schedule commitments when necessary
- Ability to assemble products or sub-assemblies according to verbal or written instructions, or by following drawings or diagrams that are somewhat complicated or precise in nature
- Experience working with cross functional teams with diverse international backgrounds
- Knowledge in entrance automation and other barrier free product lines
- Strong computer skills in MS Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) with a user’s knowledge of ERP systems such as Navision
- Excellent time management skills and flexibility are required.
- The ability to read and understand tape measures and other measuring tools in metric and imperial
- 2-5 years of electro-mechanical or building products manufacturing supervisory experience preferred
- Exceptional teamwork and communication skills with a strong attention to detail
- Strong appreciation for excellence in customer service is a MUST
- Reliable, confidential, and conscientious
- Valid BC drivers licence required with the ability to prove a clean driving record
- Strong production management thinking and analytical skills is an asset.
- Positive attitude, with an ability to foster an atmosphere of trust and transparency
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- A salary commensurate with the candidate’s skills and experiences is available
- Cell phone, computer, other tools and devices will be provided as required
- Medical and dental benefits, with RSP matching program
- Product and industry training programs will be provided.
Do you want to make a difference with us? We look forward to receiving your complete resume and cover letter by e-mail. Applications from employment agencies will not be considered.
TORMAX Canada Inc.
5444 275 Street
Langley BC V4W 3X7