TORMAX installed Europe’s first automatic door in 1951. Today a leading manufacturer of automatic door systems worldwide with 20 subsidiaries and 500+ distributors.
Since its founding in Switzerland by the LANDERT Group, TORMAX has set the global standard for entrance automation. TORMAX Canada Inc. (TCA) headquartered with manufacturing in Langley, British Columbia, is the supplier for Canada with branch operations in Manitoba, Ontario and Quebec. We provide high quality, quick response, technically supported solutions for Swing Doors, Sliding Doors, Hermetically Sealed (ICU) Doors, Folding Doors, Doors for Extreme Conditions, Escape route & Fire Doors, Semi-Circular Doors, Revolving Doors, Sensor Systems, Manual Controls and Door Management Systems.
TORMAX Canada Inc. is looking immediately or by agreement for an entrepreneurial minded and service oriented personality as
Install / Service Technician (Vancouver)
- Perform installation and service work as required for TORMAX automatic door systems to the customer's ongoing satisfaction and according to the performance standards
- Analyze mechanical and electrical systems and perform reprogramming if required
- Consult customers about any subjects around automatic door systems
- Test equipment before leaving job site and perform safety check
- Professional personal presentation and communication with customers
- Maintain accurate work records through diligent and timely use of all service documentation and technical data
- Maintain adequate parts inventory in service vehicle and keep inventory log
- Keep manuals up to date and maintain service vehicles, tools and other property in accordance with established procedures
- Follow health and safety standards
- Assist other team members in install/service jobs and other duties as may be required
- Diploma in a related carpentry, electrical, mechanical, industrial field or the equivalent combination of education and related work experience
- Strong background in mechanical and electrical troubleshooting along with general field service procedures and prior construction experience
- Previous experience with the installation and service of automatic door systems would be a definite asset as well as AAADM certification
- Knowledge of basic electronics and electrical theory, principles of microprocessor controlled environment and multi-meter instruments
- Ability to read basic blueprints
- Mechanical aptitude and use of basic hand/power tools
- A mindset with attention to detail is a must
- Willing to work overtime and 24/7 as required and ability to work outside in various climate conditions
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and within teams
- Proficiency in basic computer functions such as e-mail and MS Word
- Valid driver's license and good driving record
- Must be capable of meeting the following physical demands including, but not limited to: lifting or carrying weights from 50-75 lbs, sitting while driving for periods up to 2 hours, standing on concrete for periods of time up to 8 hours, stooping, crouching, kneeling, crawling and twisting spine occasionally
Do you want to make a difference with us? We look forward to receiving your complete application documents by e-mail. Applications from employment agencies will not be considered.
TORMAX Canada Inc.
5444 275 Street
Langley BC V4W 3X7