TORMAX installed Europe’s first automatic door in 1951. Today a leading manufacturer of automatic door systems worldwide with 20 subsidiaries and 500+ distributors.
Since its founding in Switzerland by the LANDERT Group, TORMAX has set the global standard for entrance automation. TORMAX Canada Inc. (TCA) headquartered with manufacturing in Langley, British Columbia, is the supplier for Canada with branch operations in Manitoba, Ontario and Quebec. We provide high quality, quick response, technically supported solutions for Swing Doors, Sliding Doors, Hermetically Sealed (ICU) Doors, Folding Doors, Doors for Extreme Conditions, Escape route & Fire Doors, Semi-Circular Doors, Revolving Doors, Sensor Systems, Manual Controls and Door Management Systems.
TORMAX Canada Inc. is looking immediately or by agreement for an entrepreneurial minded and service oriented personality as
Sales Engineer (Vancouver)
The Sales Engineer understands engineered automatic door systems in detail and applies engineering skills to facilitate the design, sales, installation and operation of the automatic door systems.
A Sales Engineer is responsible for assisting customers in design and selection of automatic door components, modules and systems. Also reviewing electromechanical plans and specifications and estimating various equipment found in those documents. Once a project is won you will also assist with preparing technical submittals and project management to get the door systems installed at the customer’s site.
- Provide designs selections and pricing of products and systems to our customers in a professional and timely manner
- Prospecting architects, designers, engineers, owners and contractors, presenting information, consulting on technical solutions on projects within industrial, institutional or commercial markets
- Ensure pre- and post-sales support, facilitating positive relationships with customers by ensuring full customer satisfaction
- Responsible for preparing job quotes/proposals including technical sketch drawings as well as successfully transitioning a bid into project fulfillment
- Manage customer base. Promote and secure new sales opportunities by way of cold calling and networking, while maintaining existing client relationships
- Contribute to the overall sales team success by achieving individual sales targets as well as supporting and collaborating with other Sales Engineers reflecting the totality of the company and acting in the best interest of the company
- Analyze the market’s potential, track sales and status reports
- Undergraduate degree in engineering or equivalent in technical working experience and aptitude with automatic door systems, electromechanical systems, HVAC, etc.
- Several years of experience in sales of technical products, ideally automatic door systems. Proven track record of sales success
- Strong knowledge of the building industry is an advantage
- Familiar with processes in building design
- Have an entrepreneurial drive and dedicated to exceed customer’s expectations and requirements. Establishing and maintaining effective relationships with customers and gain their trust and respect
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate a commitment to integrity and quality of work. Being professional, reliable, organized and accurate is essential to be successful in this role
- Computer literate in MS Office, CRM and Internet
- Must have valid driver's license and clean driving record. Travel mostly by car to have local sales and project meetings
Do you want to make a difference with us?
We look forward to receiving your complete application documents by e-mail. Applications from employment agencies will not be considered.
TORMAX Canada Inc.
5444 275 Street
Langley BC V4W 3X7