TORMAX Installation Lead (PM) is responsible for leading/instructing the Installation crew for TORMAX USA Inc. This position will report directly to the Installation department Manager. The Installation Lead will be responsible to work hand in hand with their teams as well as with foremen and General Contractors to ensure that each installation is performed in a timely and professional manner. This position entails instructing and offering guidance and directives while being involved in one or more of the skilled activities.
Accordingly the Installation Lead should have an in depth knowledge of all TORMAX product lines and the automatic door industry. The Installation Lead will have a detailed background and knowledge of the construction industry. This position will require independent thought and problem solving skills as well as an ability to lead and inspire their crews.
- Give support to Installation Technicians with regards to accomplishing tasks
- Offer suggestions for performance evaluation; oversee the duties of designated crew members
- Carry out diverse skilled activities involving the installation of TORMAX automatic doors; designate and monitor the work of personnel in order to achieve the completion of said diverse tasks
- Perform diagnosis and repairs on installed automatic door equipment to ensure proper functionality
- Guarantee adherence to safety practices and principles, and to the relevant Federal, State, and Local codes
- Work with various machines and equipment, such as hand and power tools, drill presses, and saws in order to complete projects
- Ensure the maintenance of equipment and tools in a clean, secure, and appropriate working condition
- Ensure the maintenance of team vehicles are in good working condition
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Training Requirements
- A High School Diploma or G.E.D certificate with four or more years of progressive and practical experience in at least one or more of the skilled trades previously described
Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- A qualified candidate for the TORMAX Installation Lead should possess an in depth knowledge of the automatic door installation procedures
- The candidate must be self-driven, organized, dedicated, and foster a team first attitude
- The candidate must have excellent verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, and Outlook is a must.
- A candidate for this position will have to be self-motivated & punctual, able to manage multiple tasks, and have excellent follow up skills both internally and externally
- Able to work under heavy work load and time pressure
- Effectiveness in prioritizing assigned duties and evaluating the work of personnel
- Outstanding skills for offering training and leadership to staff for them to be able to successfully carry out diverse duties associated with the installation of TORMAX automatic door applications
- Ability to interpret, illustrate, and apply regulation codes and rules
- Ability to carry out operations safely and efficiently; utilize various assigned appliances and tools
- Outstanding ability to interpret sketches, blueprints, shop drawings, and work orders to other personnel
TORMAX Installation Lead will conduct duties within the State of Texas. Heavy Travel will be required.
TORMAX USA Inc.
Support / Install Manager
12859 Wetmore Road
San Antonio, TX 78238